Congratulations to the SLHS Class of 2020!
Commencement Ceremony Guidelines
(IMPORTANT REMINDER: No latex balloons allowed on campus!)
July 22 at 8:30AM at the SLHS Stadium
Actions and Items that ARE ALLOWED
- Family appropriate congratulatory signs/banners
- Vehicle decorations
- Window paint on private vehicles
- Happy faces
Actions and Items that are NOT ALLOWED
- No alcohol, tobacco, vaping, drugs, pets, fireworks, or weapons
- Streamers, silly string, smoke, inflatable objects, or water toys
- Approaching other graduates and families during the ceremony
- Congregating or group gatherings before or after the ceremony
- Leaving prior to conclusion of the ceremony.
Dress Code for the Ceremony
- Graduates can walk in wearing their gown.
- Graduates should wear school appropriate clothing underneath their gowns. We ask young men to wear a shirt and tie but it will be hot. We also ask that young men wear khaki pants, or slacks. We would also encourage comfortable shoes. We ask young ladies to wear a dress, skirt, or pants. We would also encourage comfortable shoes but discourage heels as we will be on a grass surface.
Pre-Ceremony Preparation, Parking, & Arrival
- Please arrive at the SLHS Stadium beginning at 7:30AM.
- Please go to the restroom prior to coming to the ceremony.
- Please bring your cell phone and cameras to take pictures.
- Please leave bags in cars.
- Extra parking will be available at Charles Rushe Middle School.
- Upon arrival, you will enter through either gate near the Fieldhouse.
- Students and their two guests need to have masks on when entering.
- Please practice Social Distancing as you enter the SLHS Stadium.
- Please go the seat triads that are open and closest to the stage.
Commencement Ceremony Expectations
- The Commencement Ceremony will start at 8:30AM and end at approximately 10:00AM.
- The ceremony will consist of speeches, awards, reading of names, and the turning of tassels.
- Please remain in your seat until you are directed to and then return to your seat afterward, maintaining social distancing expectations.
- Graduates and their guests will not be allowed to congregate following the ceremony.
- Graduates and their guests will exit campus at the conclusion of ceremony via the gates that they entered to maintain CDC guidelines.
- The ceremony will be live streamed.
Protocols for Walking Across the Stage
- Graduates should wear their masks as they approach the stage.
- Bring your Walk Card with your name on it and with it spelled phonetically so that the readers can pronounce it correctly.
- Please hand the reader the card.
- If necessary, please say your name to the reader so that it is pronounced correctly.
- As you walk across the stage, you may remove your mask for pictures. Parents walk in front of the stage.
- Please receive the diploma cover from Mr. Cloyd and pose for a picture.
- Hold it in front of you so that you can have your picture taken. During the ceremony, Gigante will be on-site to take pictures (candids and diploma cover). Their website and link will be provided to families who would like to purchase photos. Parents will have opportunities during the ceremony to take pictures as well (with respect to the ceremony).
- Pick up Senior Letters from SLHS Faculty after the graduation photo.
- Return to your seat and remain there for the remainder of the ceremony.
Share your pictures and videos on Twitter and Instagram!
Use the hashtag #SeahawksGraduate