Pippin Auditions January 27-29, 2021 @ 3pm-5pm in Portable 1
To be eligible to audition a Sunlake Student must:
- Complete (with your parent/legal guardian’s signature) the Agreement of Understanding and the Audition Contract. You will return both forms to Ms. West at your audition.
- Sign up for a time slot through Sign-Up Genius at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0848ABAF23A7FA7-pippin
- Prepare to sing 16 bars of a song from Pippin that best fits your vocal range.
- Following your singing audition, you will be directed to another room for the dance evaluation with the choreographer. Do not fret if you are not a strong dancer. This is for the choreographer to see how easy or complicated she must style the dances based on the performer’s skillset.
- Note that despite the character’s assigned genders or ethnicities, Sunlake Theatre encourages diverse and gender-neutral casting. Please audition for the role that best suits your vocal range.
The music and audition forms can be downloaded from here: https://livepascok12fl-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/bwest_pasco_k12_fl_us/EuerZrFBf69Ki2GdhxTITzoBWpFEQ2w5kSVwJw88-jQmGQ?e=0s59Hn
Songs for Auditions
Choose the song based on the role you are auditioning for. You can sing any 16 bars of the song; just have your music player set to the timestamp you want. A player will be provided if you do not have on your mobile device. If you want a CD copy, bring a blank CD to Ms. West in Portable 1.
- Lead Player- Magic to Do or Glory
- Pippin- Corner of the Sky or With You
- Catherine- Kind of Woman or I Guess I’ll Miss the Man
- Berthe-No Time at All
- Fastrada-Spread a Little Sunshine
- Charlemagne- War is a Science
- Louis, Theo, and Ensemble- Any Pippin song that fits your vocal range.