Q: My student is failing a class. What should I do?

A: myStudent is an online grade book used by Pasco County Schools and it provides valuable information about grades, attendance and more. Click here for directions on creating a parent portal account. You might be able to find out why your student is doing poorly by looking at their individual grades on myStudent. Many times, a low grade is the result of the student not turning in work. If you have additional questions, we recommend you contact your student’s teacher(s) to discuss grades and ways in which the student can improve. Email is the most efficient way of contacting teachers. You can find a list of email addresses here. Alternatively, you may call the school and ask to leave a message for the teacher to call you.

Q: How do I schedule a parent-teacher conference?

A: Please contact the guidance secretary at (813) 346-1035

Q: How can students request to see their counselor?

A: Students should complete a School Counselor Appointment Form online. If the student has a quick question, they are more than welcome to email their counselor; this is usually the quickest method.

Q: Where can I find the community service log?

A: In the guidance office and online. Completed forms go to Mrs. Glass in the guidance office. Questions about community service hours should go to Mrs. Black. You may email her or stop by her office in room 3-162A.

Q: Are discussions between students and counselors confidential?

A: Counselors make every effort to maintain confidentiality; in other words, what you talk about stays between you and your counselor. However, there are instances in which confidentiality must be broken.

Such instances include:

  • When it is determined a student is a danger to him or her self (e.g., suicidal ideation, cutting, or other means of self-harm)
  • If a student is a danger to others (e.g., homicidal ideation)
  • If the student is being abused or if the student is abusing others

Q: How do I receive a fee waiver for the SAT and ACT?

A: Students who are eligible for free or reduced lunch may receive a fee waiver from Mrs. Black in room 3-162A.

Q: How do I update my contact information?

A: Please complete a Change of Address Form and turn it in to the registrar, Mrs. Glester, in the guidance office. Be sure to include the required documentation. If you need to update your email address, please email the clinic aide, Melanie Glass.