Florida Statute1008.25 requires districts to determine student progression from one grade to another based on mastery of standards (in English/Language Arts, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies). In addition, students and parents must be informed of each student’s academic progress.
Our district Quarterly Checks provide a way for us to:
- meet the requirements of the above statute.
- have a quick, common and consistent way to check on our students’ progress in each content area throughout the school year and across the district.
- help teachers focus on planning for and responding to instruction and student needs (each Check is designed to communicate a student’s progress on the standards just taught).
- communicate student progress towards mastery of standards to both student and parent, as well as how a student compares to their peers in the same class or course
- adjust curriculum and instructional plans and programs at the teacher, school and district level.